Monday 12 October 2009

The big C

Month of November 2007, I was diagnosed of breast-cancer. I was a few days before I travel to US.

So, I have to cancelled my trip and schedule for operation., so I stayed in the hospital for 20 days., had operations twice, removed the tumor., but the result of the second-operation was negative..then started my chemo on 15 of December., it was horrible moment of my life, and totally alone not even my son was there to give me warm-hand to say that operation was successfully over. I just had good nice girlfriends. Inspite, of my lonely days in the hospital, there are a lot of mobile-messages I received almost everyday from some special people in my life., unfornately, we both are in the hospital too., we just communicate thru telephone and handy calls.
The moment I hear him at the other side., I feel little bit better.

My Mum came on February 17, 2008..to take care of me..a helping hand. Mum stayed till my last chemo-therapy, (April 28; Mum went home). It was a great help for me,
she cooks what I wishes to eat after few days of suffering the side-effect of chemo., I used to asked her to cook 'Arroz caldo', with lemon, it gives a new appetite. I would like to thank my loving sister for sending Mum here, for she can not have a longer vacation only to take care of me, she need to work. It took me 38 days to finish my radiation therapy, almost everyday except weekend., then the final
control was Octber 21., and everything came out good., I was so happy this day! I started packing up my luggage for three months holiday in America.

With all my prayers, to extend my stay and a bit longer time to stay on earth was heard. For those who are having the same situation like me, I would advise to be
more closer to God, be optimistic, keep on reading books to give you moral-support.
And fight, don't give up. I almost gave-up on my second chemo, I thought it was my
last days...I felt so helpless and so weak. But with my fighting-spirit and faith in God, I am still here, New Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Test Widget

[Adapted from Ourblogtemplates.com]Website Design By: Ruthi of Scrappy Thingy

Back to TOP